According to the Cleveland Clinic, essential oils are concentrated plant extracts that can be used as botanical medicine through methods like aromatherapy and topical application. They’re known to have a positive effect on both mental and physical health, and we also think they just smell amazing.
We use tons of different essential oils in our products here at Farmer’s Body. Here’s your guide to the mental and physical health benefits of a few of the essential oils we use.
- Litsea essential oil is derived from a tree or shrub that’s native to Southeast Asia (Blissoma). The oil has a lemon-like aroma, and it’s widely used in the cosmetic and skincare industries because it’s so refreshing and energy-boosting. We use Litsea oil in products like our Gentle Citrus Bar Soap. If you’re looking for a little pick-me-up, we highly suggest introducing Litsea oil to your daily routine.
- Rosemary essential oil is one of the most popular essential oils out there, and it’s for a good reason. Rosemary oil has been shown to improve brain function, relieve pain, and cut down on stress and anxiety (Healthline). Basically, it’s an oil that can benefit almost anyone. We use rosemary essential oil in a ton of our products, including our Rosemary Mint Bar Soap and our Rosemary Mint Hand and Body Lotion.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is similar to rosemary oil in that it can benefit pretty much everyone who uses it. This oil is made by crushing eucalyptus tree leaves, and it’s often used for its medicinal properties like clearing congestion and providing stress relief. We use eucalyptus oil in a few products like our Mint Eucalyptus Bar Soap.
- Lavender oil is another extremely popular option when it comes to essential oils. It smells amazing, and it’s great for stress relief and calming. It can also help with insomnia, which is a huge bonus in our book (Verywell Mind). Since lavender oil is so popular, we use it in several products like our Lavender Calm Bar Soap and our Lavender Calm Sugar Scrub.
- Tea tree essential oil has been used for its medicinal properties for centuries. This oil is known to repel insects, work as an antiseptic and antibacterial solution, and fight acne (Healthline). If you’re having skin issues, using tea tree oil may help clear things up. We use tea tree essential oil in a few products like our Tea Tree and Charcoal Bar Soap.
What’s your favorite essential oil, and how do you use it? We’d love to hear all about your experience!