Honey is the buzzzzzz of the skincare world (pun intended) … and it has so many benefits … but have you ever considered the benefits of using beeswax on your skin?
Bees have to do a lot of buzzing to produce that luscious beeswax. They actually have to eat 6 to 8 pounds of honey to create 1 pound of beeswax! Interestingly, beeswax has been used for thousands of years for a variety of applications, including skincare products, and it never goes bad.
- It’s a humectant, so it attracts water and helps your skin stay hydrated.
- It naturally blocks allergens and toxins from the air.
- It soothes and calms the skin.
- It does not clog pores.
- It is rich in Vitamin A, which helps skin cells grow.
- It will rejuvenate damaged skin and diminish signs of aging.
Beeswax is especially great in lip balms because it protects your lips against those harmful UV rays, and it’s an all-natural way to moisturize and protect those dry lips, not only during the winter season but year-round.
Next up: Why we added beeswax to our new sugar scrub formula.