This time of year can be exhausting, right?! There’s so much to think about and do when the holidays roll around; so much to accomplish before the start of another year. It can seem impossible to find time for yourself during the day. I know that if I want to have time for myself, I have to put it on the family schedule!
So what is self-care and why is it so important?
Self-care is “the practice of taking an active role in protecting one's own well-being and happiness, in particular during periods of stress.” (Oxford Languages Dictionary)
Carving out time for self-care isn't selfish; it's through taking care of ourselves that we are truly able to take care of others and the world around us.
And while there is a general stress that comes with the busyness of the holiday season, we have all experienced an immense amount of stress over the past two and a half (pandemic) years, haven’t we?
It’s time to let go of all that stress and truly take care of ourselves as well as the world around us. But how can we do that? Shop small. Shop local. Shop intentional.
Farmer’s Body is a small, local (to New England), environmentally and socially conscious, woman-owned company whose products promote self-care, not just in the bathroom or around the house but in everything we do. Everything we make features safe, natural ingredients grown on small farms. We actively seek out collaborations with women farmers to bring you products you'll love. We take a strong spirit of community and weave it into everything we do.
You can feel good using our products - mind, body, and soul - because we make sure that you can take care of yourself while also taking care of the world around you.
Our wide range of products offer many ways for you to take care of yourself. Here are a few ideas for relieving stress daily, weekly, and/or monthly . . .
- Treat yourself every day by using gentler products on your hands:
- Put a Rosemary Mint Foaming Hand Soap in the bathroom and kitchen for a gentle yet thorough cleanse. Then, place a bottle of our light yet nourishing Oatmeal with Yogurt & Wild Honey Hand & Body Lotion next to it so that you can take care of replenishing your skin’s moisture barrier after each handwashing.
- Treat yourself to a weekly spa day (or night):
- Treat yourself to a weekend away:
- Bring our Serenity Premium Herbal Tea Blend with you to brew each night to help you relax on your short but necessary vacation. And don’t forget to pack our all-natural Vanilla with Bergamot & White Amber Deodorant (it actually works!!) and a Melon and Mint Calm Lip Balm so your lips don’t get chapped during your vacation hike or stroll along the beach.
You won’t feel even a twinge of guilt using our lovingly made, all-natural products while you practice a little self-care. You’ll know that while you are taking care of your own well-being, you are also taking care of the world around you by supporting a local, environmentally conscious company that is making every effort to make the world a better place.